Do you work in finance and want to join a fast-growing fintech company?
“Alternative data” is revolutionizing the investment research landscape by extracting valuable data and insights from innovative sources such as credit card transactions, satellite imagery, and web scraping.
On a mission to become the definitive source of expertise in alternative data, we launched a massively popular content platform called AlternativeData.org. The platform is designed to build a targeted audience of investors by publishing highly focused, value-additive content on alternative data. Just 10 weeks since launch, the site has reached over 10K visitors, generating over a thousand subscribers, and landed features in the Financial Times and Integrity Research. AlternativeData.org is a subsidiary of YipitData, a 80-person technology company providing the leading web data analytics to investors.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial candidate to spearhead this initiative by becoming the most knowledgeable individual on everything alternative data. This role is perfect for a hustler who is driven to become an expert in the fastest growing sector in institutional investing while developing content marketing skills through a varied and challenging workload. This is an exciting opportunity for an equity sales analyst, research associate, or investment banker looking to join a passionate team and develop critical skills in the fintech space.
As our Alternative Data Industry Specialist, you will:
- Become the most knowledgeable person in the world about alternative data.
- Run The Download, our weekly publication reaching thousands of investors and data providers.
- Develop a large network in one of the fastest growing areas of fintech.
- Learn a content marketing playbook that can be replicated in any industry.
- Create impactful content and sharpen your critical research skills.
- Gain experience in growing and monetizing an audience.
- Become a key contributor in a VC backed startup and an emerging sector of investing.
To succeed in this role, ideally:
- You are skilled at processing a mass of information and quickly identifying trends, understanding what matters most to a target audience and why.
- You are excited about building a career in fintech.
- You love to go 1,000 feet deep on a particular topic or company, becoming an expert on the topic.
- You have experience writing clearly and concisely about complex topics in a professional setting (writing samples welcomed!).
- You are a pro at multi-tasking and attention to detail.
- You enjoy networking and don’t hesitate before jumping on the phone to make a connection with a new contact or to get a key piece of information.
- You are motivated by checking off tasks on your to-do list, improving processes and keeping projects running smoothly.
- You have 1-3 years experience in an equity research or sales, investment banking, or consulting related role.
Compensation includes equity, highly competitive salary and excellent benefits of working at a fast-growing tech company.
YipitData is an equal opportunity employer and seeks excellence through diversity.